Nutella CookiesTweaked from CuisineAtHome
Prep time: 20 minutes + chilling/baking
Yield: 2 dozen
2 cups flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black onyx or espresso powder (optional, but good)
1 stick butter (8 tbsp.), room temperature
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 cup Nutella
1/2 tsp. almond extract
2/3 cup mini chocolate chips (preferably Ghirardelli)
- Whip the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until fluffy.
- Add the eggs and beat until combined.
- Mix in the Nutella and almond extract.
- In a separate, small bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder (if using).
- On slow speed, add the dry ingredients to the soft ones.
- Wrap the dough in parchment paper or plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour or overnight (preferred).
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop out tablespoon cookie dough balls onto lightly greased cookie pans or parchment-lined pans.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes, let the cookies cool slightly on the pan before removing.
Recipe and photo used courtesy of Kristen Gough and originally published on My Kids Eat Squid.