Snowball CookiesYield: about 4 dozen 1” cookies
Total Time: Chill for 1 hour, Bake for 10-12 min.
1 Cup of butter, room temperature
1/2 Cup of sifted confectioner’s sugar, more for rolling
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 Cup of flour
1/4 teaspoon of salt
3/4 Cup of finely chopped nuts
- In a bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla together until light and fluffy.
- Measure flour into a bowl (use dipping method) with salt, blend. Add to sugar mixture until just combined.
- Stir in nuts.
- Chill dough for at least an hour. If leaving it overnight, take it out of the fridge and let it sit out for a bit to loosen up before rolling out.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll dough into 1” balls. Bake on ungreased baking sheets for 10-12 minutes until set but not brown.
- While still warm, roll in confectioner’s sugar.
- Let cool. Roll in sugar again.